Providing safe and efficient transportation of students to and from school.
The White Bear Lake Area Schools Transportation Department serves over 3400 bus stop locations within our 45 square mile district community each day.
Aside from the exceptions listed below, all elementary and middle school general education students will automatically be assigned to a bus route. A transportation form is only required for those grades K-8 students who are attending a daycare within the district (form is here). Students in grades 9-12 at White Bear Lake Area High School - North Campus, White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus or the Area Learning Center (ALC) who are eligible for transportation MUST REGISTER for bus service (form for all schools is here, Spanish version is here).
The walking distances are 1 mile for elementary students and 1.5 miles for secondary (middle school and high school) students.
If you have moved over the past year, please make sure that you email transportation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Busing information will be posted on the students' student information profile by August 29. Families of Early Childhood or SpEd students will receive an email or phone call with their student's busing information.
If you have any questions in regards to these topics, please email transportation@isd624.
Transportation Department Contacts
WBLAS Transportation (Buses Numbered 1-99)
Mike Turitto, Transportation Coordinator
13411 Fenway Ave. N
Hugo, MN 55038
Contracted Transportation (Buses Numbered 100-199)
2331 Leibel Street
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Phone: 651-407-9080 (office)
If you have a driver concern, please contact the bus company.
Buses Numbered 1-99 - contact WBLAS at 651-407-7538.
- Buses Numbered 100-199 - contact First Student at 651-407-9080.
If you are not sure who to contact, please call the Transportation Department at 651-407-7538.
- How are pick-up and drop-off locations chosen?
- How are routes designed?
- Why do some children have to cross the street to board the bus?
- We live on a cul de sac. Will the bus come down our street?
- Our neighborhood has no sidewalks and has hills and curves. Can we have an additional bus stop so our children do not have to walk to the existing stop?
- The bus goes right by my house. Why can't it stop here?
- I own a daycare and need the stop at my house because the State requires me to see the students at all times. Why can't the bus stop be located at my house?
- I have young children at home and/or I leave home because of work.
- Why can I not see the bus stop from my house?
The Walk Boundary distances are calculated from our computerized routing software. Distances are measured from the edge of the school to the end of the student's driveway along the path a student could actually walk.
- Grades K-5 - 1 mile
- Grades 6-12 - 1.5 miles
Busing boundaries are limited to the school attendance areas for all regular education students.
Middle School Boundaries
Click on the photo below to see a PDF file that can be enlarged.
* In the Fall of 2024, Sunrise Park Middle School students and staff will move to the current White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus building, which has seen renovations and gym and classroom additions. South Campus will be renamed Mariner Middle School to honor the building’s origin as Mariner High School. During the 2024-25 school year, Sunrise will get multiple renovations in order to house the Senior Center and Early Childhood programs that are currently at Normandy Park Education Center, the Transition Education Center that is now located in a leased space in Hugo, and district offices moving from District Center, which will allow Central Middle School to expand and take over the building.
High School Campuses
The district is served by one WBLAHS that has two campuses and by one Area Learning Center.
- White Bear Lake Area High School - North Campus (serving grades 9-10)
- White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus (serving grades 11-12)
- White Bear Lake Area Learning Center (serving grades 9-12)
* In the Fall of 2024, the current WBLAHS - North Campus location, which is undergoing extensive additions and renovations, will become White Bear Lake Area High School and will serve students in grades 9-12.